How can I add the status view to the backlog?

Lucas Ferreira September 23, 2022

Hey all!

I was wondering if it's possible to see in a company-managed project the status of the cards on the backlog tab in the same way a team-managed project allows us.

I'll be attaching an image from each project trying to reflect what I saying.

company managed.pngteam managed.png

Thanks in advance!!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi @Lucas Ferreira - You won't get it to appear on the right like that in the backlog view, but you can add status to the card layout in board settings.  This would have the status appear just below the summary.

@Mark Segall Thanks, it helps! But why does it only show the three primary status categories (to do, in progress, and done)?
I'll be attaching an image trying to explain better what I'm saying.

I've added status and status category options in board settings so you can better understand.

Eg: The first one on the image, I have the status 'in tech review', but as status category, it only shows 'in progress', is there a way to fix that?

statuses.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Correct status category will only show To Do, In Progress, or Done.  These are foundational categories Jira uses to provide the color coding of statuses.  It also helps when you need to report cross project and each project is using different statuses in their workflow, but you need to marry them up in a way that provides consistent reporting.  So you do need to use status if you want to see the exact status rather than a rolled up category.

0 votes
Chris Peake September 23, 2022

If there are not too many different workflow states, what about using colour-coding of the cards to see the status in the backlog view?

Hey @Chris Peake

Not sure if I got what you mean :( 

Chris Peake September 23, 2022

In the board configuration page, we have a 'Card colours' sub-page that lets you assign a colour to the cards based on whatever criteria you choose.  Select 'Queries' and then create a JQL query for each status you want to colour-code (e.g., status = 'In Progress').

The colour coding will show-up on the left side of the cards in the backlog.  It's subtle but informative if you know to look for it.

colour_coding.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events