How can I add "Feature" above Epic in Hierarchy using Jira Cloud and Structure Cloud?

Alex Hadden-Boyd October 25, 2019

I created an issue type called "Feature" and edited the "Epic" issue type to have a parent link.  I, as an adminstrator, am able to go into an Epic and assign it to a parent Feature, but other users are not able to do this in the Epic.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Hi Alex,

Do I understand correctly, that you are using one of the parent/child links like "relates to" or "blocks"? In that case, there is a special permission "Link issues", that is required for parent-child linking. Cloud Structure, however, cannot at the moment help linking issues as Server Structure can, this is one of the limitations that is eventually going to be overcome.

Regards,
Egor

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2019

How did you set the Epic to "have a parent link"?

Alex Hadden-Boyd October 28, 2019

I added the Parent Link field to the Epic screen

Suggest an answer