How To Change the Default Assignees on a Project

Greg Stackhouse March 21, 2019

When I create a new project in Jira it auto assigns a bunch of users to various project roles- some of which are no longer even active users. I can't find where to set this in Jira. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

EDIT: What I'm talking about is when I create a project, by default is has a list of people in various roles on the project. I'm not trying to edit the roles, but who is assigned to a project by default. Jira is choosing people who aren't even active users anymore and assigning them to new projects. I can't find a common user group that would be defining this. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Greg,

Go to Project Setting --> Users and Roles --> Edit defaults (found at the upper right corner of the page).

This is for server. Are you a JIRA admin?

Victor.

I am an admin, but I'm on Jira Cloud. Edit defaults is not an option I see but it must be in here somewhere because projects come with defaults. It's a pain to have to clear out all the old users. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Greg,

In cloud, go to your project settings --> Details --> scroll down to Default Assignee

Victor

It's not so much the default assignee for the project, but users who are assigned to various roles at the creation of every project. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2019

Greg,

1. Jira settings > System
  2. Under SECURITY, select Project roles. you can then edit.

Victor

Okay, I found it. I was able to edit. Thanks. 

Suggest an answer