How I set automation Rule to send response to other email id which email id not is jira user list.

Mrudul Raval April 15, 2023

How I set automation Rule to send response to other email id which email id not is Jira user list.

Means I have created one mail handler that is use to cerate new ticket when new mail is coming on given email id and I have created one automation rule which is send reply to the mail id where user can mail to create the ticket.

Now when I am getting mail from the other mail id which is not in my Jira user list then the ticket is created with default account which is set in Mail handler. so my concern is i don't want to create new user every time when new Question is coming on my support mail but i want the reporter name as from the new mail is coming from user.   

Thanks In advance

1 answer

3 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2023

Hi @Mrudul Raval -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The automation rule Send Email action can send to any recipient, not just Jira users.  If you have the person's email address in an issue field, try using that in the email action.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events