Housekeeping: how can I bulk delete unused filters, dashboards, schemes and back-up workflows

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

We are getting ready to migrate from Server to Cloud soon.  How can I bulk delete unused filters, dashboards, schemes and back-up workflows? (ex. I have over 2500 filters from users who have left the company) I don't want to bring these along to the cloud.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amelie Winkler _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Pete P – have a look at @DarrylLee's articles that he posted here and here! He's been dealing with a Jira cloud instance that needed a serious clean-up, and he has achieved impressive results with Jira CLI:

• 451 projects -> 313
  • 983 workflows -> 140 
  • 756 workflow schemes -> 65
  • 215 issue types -> 25
  • 721 issue type schemes -> 46
  • 1213 screens -> 145
  • 1170 screen schemes -> 86
  • 372 issue type screen schemes -> 53
Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

Thanks for quick reply @Amelie Winkler _Appfire_  :)

Suggest an answer