High number of issue links

Carlos Eduarte July 6, 2017

We have an issue with a high number of issue links (~9K).  The issue count isn't incrementing very rapidly anymore (approx 1 / week) but I'm worried that we'll hit some kind of internal limit that may cause performance degradation or worse.

Is there a limit to how many issue links a JIRA issue can have ?

2 answers

0 votes
Doods Perea February 22, 2019

Hi @Carlos Eduarte - I have a request from a customer for something similar.  Are you experiencing JIRA latency because of that high number of issue links?

I'd appreciate if you can share your experience on this.

Thank you.

Doods

Carlos Eduarte February 22, 2019

Hi @Doods Perea , as I had stated my initial query, we were more concerned with any kind of possible server instability due to the high number of issue links.  While we didn't experience any, loading of the particular issue into the browser did take longer than other issues, but I don't remember that as being a big enough problem.  It has been two years since I worked on that project so I can't ascertain as to if the latency issues have gotten worse for that particular issue, so that's all I can remember.

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2017

There shouldnt be a limit for JIRA but iam not sure if there is a performance or stability impact of that big amount of issuelinks for one issue.

Carlos Eduarte July 10, 2017

I am concerned about a server stability impact specifically. I've hunted the boards but can't find anything similar.  I'm new to JIRA and I'm wondring if I should just file a ticket at this point.  Any suggestions ?

Suggest an answer