Hierarchical view of epics and user stories

Hi there -

Id like to look at all epics and user stories for a release in a hierarchical view. It should display all stories with the epic it belongs to and it should be in prioritized order. Ideally I would be able to collapse/expand stories for each epic. E.g.:

• Epic 1 [expand/collapse]
    • Story 1
    • Story 2
    • Story 3
  • Epic 2 [expand/collapse]
    • Story 4
    • Story 5

Does such a gadget or view exist?

Thanks - Ton

5 answers

There is a hierarchy plugin (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5003) but that requires you to create physical links between the issues, and it doesnt take rank into consideration.

Offhand, i dont know of anything like this that currently exists.

I am looking for exactly the same option. The hierarchy plugin is not an option imho, because we 'link' the issues by using Epics.

At our current Jira version (4.3.4), the plugin handle epics.

The Links Hierachy Structure plug-in, supports it: Epics related to stories by using Epic labels (Greenhopper 6.0.6+) can be displayed on the hierarchical tree structure as they were standard issue links.

I'd like this feature as well.  It exists in pretty much every agile management tool I've ever used.  

This view is provided by Easy Agile User Story Maps for Jira Server and Cloud.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,209 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you