How to add a story points field to the existent issue type (sub - task issue type)?

Vera Valshonok December 5, 2019

I am trying to add a story points field to the existent issue type (sub-task issue type) but instead of the field that I want to add, which already exists in the other issue types, I get the Original estimate field. How can I fix it?

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2019

Hello Vera,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you can see in the documentation below, the context of the Story points field is only applicable to Stories and Epics by default:

Setting estimation statistic and time tracking

That being said, you must follow the steps below to properly display the story points on your Sub-task issues:

- Navigate to Jira Settings > Issues > Custom fields > Find the Story Points field > Click to Configure:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 18.52.43.png

- Click to Edit Configuration > Under Choose applicable issue types, select the sub-task issue type to be applicable to the Story points field > Click on Modify

- Once you do it, navigate to your project > Project Settings > Screens > Add the Story Points to the screens related to your sub-task issues

- Under Project Settings > Issue Layout, make sure you added the Story Points to be displayed

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer