Hide transition in View workflow

Dominik Vavra April 24, 2018

Hi,

is there a way how to hide transition from View workflow screen (in the created ticket)?

I need to have ALL transition in my workflow that only admins can trigger, but i dont want users to see that there is this possibility, i want them only to see classic workflow without the ALL transitions. It can be hidden for all users or for some role - doesnt matter. I know how to restrict the transition but i cant find anything that hides or modifies the workflow on the View workflow screen.

2 answers

2 votes
Antoine _Klee Group_ March 29, 2021

I have the same question. This could be a great feature to add. Any possibility to do so so far? If not I might open a suggestion to Atlassian.

Manali Butey June 8, 2021

Happy to vote on the suggestion. I need this feature as well.

Antoine _Klee Group_ November 29, 2021
0 votes
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2018

Hi,

Yes you can by using permissions. 

In the project permissions you have this permission : 

View (read-only) workflow

You just have to

1. give this permission to the projet role that you want 
  2. assigne/give this role to the groups/users that you want (aka other users won't have access to this permission)

and you are done. 

cheers

Hi,

thanks for reply, but this dont help. I dont want to hide the View worfklow for anyone. I just want to hide transitions from this screen for users that dont need to know that there is possibility to change the status as needed. I want them to see "incomplete workflow".

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2018

Hi,

Impossible to do without the solution given. 

cheers

Hi,

i thought so but had to ask. Thanks

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2018

u r welcome. 

Suggest an answer