Hide Users from preview list in filtering

timschmi April 21, 2023

Hi 

I would like to hide all users which have no access to a specific project from issue filtering preview filter-list in jira. 

I created several projects and user groups in jira. 
there is one global group who has access to all projects and other groups which has only access to specific groups.

this is working. 

I can't even assign a 'issue' to a person which has no access to the project. this means I can't see the person in assignee listbox. this is good.

but If I navigate to 'issue' filtering I got a preview of all users which are administrated in jira. even those who has no access to this project. this means users from project 'a' can see all names of users which are not know in project 'a'.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

Hi @timschmi ,

it depends from the sharing rules at specific filter level. If a user defines a filter and share it globally so all licensed users can see it even if he has not access to projects (or projects) defined there.

Best practices suggest to share filters with users in project roles. In that way, just user in those roles, that have also access to project, can see filters in list.

Hope this clarify,

Fabio  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events