Help text for Epic link field based on selected Epic and its status

Sunil Kumar January 21, 2020

Hi,

While creating an Issue I select an Epic in epic Link field and the epic is in done status, I want an help text to show on create screen saying that the epic is in done status.

Is this Possible?

If yes, How?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

That would not be possible.

May I know Why?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

The help text isn’t conditional. At least I have never experienced this to be the case. You might look at an addon like Scriptrunner to see if it would allow you to prevent linking to a Done Epic.

I don't want to prevent it , Its just that when a user creates a new ticket in an done epic I just want to notify him saying the epic is done, 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Understood. I would suggest two actions:

• use the Search bar above in the Community to see if others have discussed this preciously
  • go to marketplace and see if there are any addons that might allow conditional help text
Like Sunil Kumar likes this

Suggest an answer