Help! Burn down chart don't count issues in DONE status

Joan Moreno Maurel October 14, 2021

Hello,

I have added a new status in the workflow, but now, in the burn down chart the issues in status DONE are not displayed in DONE section, and it's like no issues were finished during the sprint!

This is the new workflow:

workflow.png

Burn down chart:

burndownchart.png

We have DONE issues (green), but are not counted as DONE:

incompletas.png

completadas.png

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Burn down happens when issues are done according to the board, not  the status directly.

The board's definition of "done" is simply "the last column on the board". 

So, indirectly, the status does determine it - the column definitions are "issues in one of these status".

My guess is that your "done" status is not in the last column on the board.

Thanks for your comment Nic!

I did not add any column in the board, I just added a new status to be used in the issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

That's fine, but it probably hasn't got anything to do with your burn-down going missing.  Unless

• You've mapped the new status into the last column on the board (instead of your done status - like that has become the second-to-last column!)
  • You've moved issues out of done and into the new status which is mapped to another column
  • You have moved the issues into the new status and not mapped it into a column at all (be aware that if you don't map a status into a column, issues in that status will not appear on the board or in the backlog at all)

Could you take another look at the status mapped into the very last column on the board?

0 votes

Thanks Robert,

But I don't see in jira what I need to change.

And I don't understand, because DONE issues where displayed properly in burn down chart, and the only thing I've done is adding a new status (type To do), and now I have this problem...

More information please?

Thanks!!!

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

For the four issues in the DONE status, was the resolution set?  Jira doesn't consider them closed unless the resolution is set.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events