Health Check - Is there a Jira Cloud Health Check tool?

thomas.hargreaves August 12, 2020

I'm currently investigating best practices regarding doing "Health Checks" of Jira Cloud instances and would like to know if anyone has already made a tool or similar to help with this.

Normally when I'm introduced to a new Jira Cloud instance I go through all of the information manually by simply searching through it but it would be great if you could get a report out with all information together.

• Number of projects, issues & users
  • Space used and attachment information
  • Project types, issue types, license types
  • Total workflows, Complexity of workflows
  • Boards pr. Project and number of columns used
  • Backlog sizes, backlog growth and spillover.
  • Custom fields, Screens 
  • Plugins
  • And much more....

So my question is if there is already a tool inside Jira Cloud or somewhere else which can automatically collect all of this information to a readable report.

If not, then I'm thinking of collecting most of this information via the REST API and creating a tool myself.

Thanks in advance, any feedback is much appreciated,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2020

Hi @thomas.hargreaves 

I haven't seen one tool or app that does all those things.

There might apps that do some of this - such as Instance Auditor (Jira) - but aside from that, like you I would probably utilise the API and/or custom searches/dashboards to locate the rest of the information.

Ste

thomas.hargreaves August 17, 2020

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. The Instance auditor looks very similar to what I was thinking. I will give it a more in depth look and see if it is able to do what we need in this case.

Thanks again,

kind regards

Thomas P. Hargreaves

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

Hi Thomas,

No worries - there's another app I found yesterday which might also interest you - see Optimizer for Jira 

Or if these apps aren't quite meeting your need, you can check out other options on the Marketplace!

Ste

Like thomas.hargreaves likes this
Moon April 20, 2024

Hi Stephen Wright _Elabor8_,

Good day,

Since this post is from 2020, may I know if the existing JSM cloud includes health check items?

Please assist and advise on this matter.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Moon

0 votes
Anupamshaw February 20, 2023

@thomas.hargreaves @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ Hi there ,
I have also searched in cloud the asset health checkup part but could not redirect it to.
My intension is to delete the duplicate asset in cloud which are present in SCHEMA 

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2023

Hi @Anupamshaw 

Are you referring to JSM Assets & Schemas?

Anupamshaw February 20, 2023

hi @Vish Reddy _Revyz_ the asset which i imported through the asset discovery app present in the market place of jira cloud,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events