Greenhopper Quick Filter Queries Boards

Is there a way to sort managed boards by a custom field? I saw the queries capability with JQL. I need to sort custom fields QA Assignment and USER(grouped by user) . Also need to view it on the plan board columns

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team May 09, 2013

Hey there, KP11.

Yes, you can achieve this via Saved Filter of your JQL. When you mentioned that you need to view in on the Plan board, I assume that you are referring to the Scrum board. Anyway, you will have to create the board first, after that change the Saved Filter with the filter that you want, and ensure that Rank is added to the board.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

What exactly does rank do for the filter? I can do the JQL query by username but then i would have to do it for all users. Does RANK sort by each user?

Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team May 15, 2013

Hey there again, KP11.

The Rank allows you to ensure that the issues that are listed in the board is in order via the Rank field. The field is applied globally, not by each user. It helps you to organise tasks in your product/sprint backlog more effectively.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,243 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you