Giving access to an external client to their company managed board without them seeing other boards?

Jasmine Parsons
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2022

How can i give an external client access to their board that is company managed without them being able to see other company managed boards. 

I want their access to be restricted to one board and view/comment only. I do not want them to be able to delete tickets or change the status of the ticket. 

PLEASE HELP! I tried project roles, but it was automatically adding the role to the other boards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Jasmine Parsons and welcome to the community!

The pain point to work through is the configuration of all other projects.  You can see the full list of permission schemes here:

https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewPermissionSchemes.jspa

For each project scheme, you'll need to update the Browse Projects permission to ensure only internal accounts can have visibility into those issues.  To achieve this, your best route is to establish an internal users group and assign that group to the Browse Projects permission on all schemes. 

Secondly, the major wrinkle will be if your instance is open to creating Team-Managed projects.  Each has its own isolated mechanism for managing access so depending upon proliferation of these types of projects, you could have a prohibitive situation.  You would need to lock it down so that users cannot create/manage their own Team-Managed projects, which defeats their purpose.  

Now, if you get through the above with your sanity, you'll need to create a new permission scheme that is specific to your project and add the desired individuals or group to the Browse Projects permission and any appropriate roles on the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events