Getting the assignee with respect to status

Shivaraj kumar December 17, 2019

hai all,

in my jira workflow its have more status and in each status assignee was different.

I  want to get the assignee list with respect to status in jql tell me is there any add-on to do this or any other way to do this kindly suggest me.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Shivaraj kumar - You can do that with a dashboard gadget.

1. Create a filter with all of the issues you want to see.

2. Add the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to a dashboard.

3. Use Status and Assignee as the X and Y axis as desired. 

I hope that helps!

Shivaraj kumar December 20, 2019

Hi John,

Thanks for your guidance. In the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget, it will display the current status and current assignee but we want previous status and previous assignee also, for example, issue-1 is moved from X status to Y status with different assignee we want previous and present assignee of both X status and Y status also. if it is possible with JQL or any add-on please let me know.

Thanks&Regards,

Shivaraj

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

You might could do that with two different filters and then have two different gadgets on the Dashboard - one for Previous Assignee and one for Present Assignee. Other than that, I don't think a single query is going to be able to show you want you want. 

Tudor Munteanu June 16, 2022

but how do you get the previous assignee, if the Assignee field always returns the current assignee?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2022

You would need to create a custom field that captures the previous assignee by using a post function on the transition. 

Tudor Munteanu June 16, 2022

:) yep, that would solve it for the future but not retrospectively.

Probably several queries against Jira's API could get this info... 

Suggest an answer