Found which custom filed is related to a deleted project

Magdalena Mileva July 30, 2021

Hi all, 

I have the following situation:

Many, many projects and all users can create team managed projects. They can also create custom field and statuses. And here is the problem, even if the project is deleted how can I found the created custom fields and statuses (if any), so I can remove them as well and of course to be sure that it won't effect other projects.

I hope you will have any ideas :) 

Thank you all in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Magdalena Mileva

Thanks for posting.

I think once the team managed projects are moved to trash the custom fields created in that project are also gone. Check this documentation - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-an-issues-fields-in-team-managed-projects/.

'Fields in team-managed projects are contained within the project itself. Currently, you can't share a field created in one team-managed project with another team-managed project, or with company-managed project. Similarly, you can't use a custom field created in a company-managed project on your team-managed project issues.'

In case of Team Managed Project Status, you must remember this mentioned this documentation - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-edit-and-delete-statuses-in-team-managed-projects/

'Deleting a status also deletes any transitions – and their rules! – associated with the status. 

Statuses can be shared between workflows. Deleting a status in the workflow editor only removes the status from the workflow you're currently editing.'

Please accept this answer if it solves your query else respond and let others to share input.

Cheers

Suvradip

Magdalena Mileva July 30, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul

Really thank you for your reply!

Let me test on our side before marking your answer as accepted :)

Wish you to have a great day!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Thanks for your response @Magdalena Mileva ! Sure, please check and let me know.

Cheers

Suvradip

0 votes
Magdalena Mileva August 2, 2021

Thank you @Suvradip Paul

I tested on my side and it seems that when you create a custom status or a filed on team  managed project, they won't appear in Settings -> Issues -> Custom fields/Statuses, so a mess won't happen. In the settings you can only see the custom statuses and fields for the company managed project. 

Thus, when you delete a team-managed project, all custom fields, wf, and statuses will be deleted as well. 

Thank you really much!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

Thanks @Magdalena Mileva for testing and reconfirmation!

Have a great day and week ahead !

Cheers

Suvradip

Magdalena Mileva August 2, 2021

Thanks, @Suvradip Paul :) Wish you to have great and successful week as well!

Like Suvradip Paul likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events