Forumla for future date

Dale Thomas March 22, 2023

N00B alert!  :) 

I am trying to find a date that is 6 months before the End Date.   The field I am trying to update would be called 6 Mth Expiration.  

I did review this page. But I am not sure how I reference each field.  

Can someone help me write the value for the automation? 

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi, @Dale Thomas ! 

If you're looking to set the date 6 months prior to a specific date field value (i.e. End Date) when the End Date field value changes, here's what an automation rule could look like. (Note that I'm using fields called Due Date and Planned End Date instead since I already have those fields.)

2023-03-22 12_55_35-Mouse Highlight Overlay.png

Dale Thomas March 22, 2023

WOW!  That worked!  thank you!  

Like Esther Strom likes this
1 vote
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023
Hi there! To reference the End Date field in your Jira issue, you can use the "{{issue.End Date}}" placeholder in your automation rule. To calculate the date that is 6 months before the End Date, you can use the JQL date functions in the Jira Cloud API. For example, you can use the JQL query "updated <= -6M" to find issues that were last updated more than 6 months ago. To populate the 6 Mth Expiration field with this calculated date, use the "Edit Issue" action in the automation rule and set the value of the field to "{{now(-6M)}}". Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events