Fogbugz Import into Jira Cloud

Gabriel Palomarez August 17, 2022

We recently migrated out of FogBugz, but we have lot's of information in FB that we need to import into Jira.  The external import manager in Jira cloud doesn't seem to support FB import formats.  Any ideas how we can export?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hello @Gabriel Palomarez 

Welcome to the community.

I have never worked with FogBugz before, but according to this page it has a CSV export method. Jira supports imports of CSV files.

You might also look for tools that integrate Jira with other tools to see if you can transfer the data that way.

A third option is to see if FogBugz has an API you can leverage to extract data, and then use the Jira REST API to push the data into your Jira system.

I found this topic discussed in several posts by using Google to search the internet for "fogbugz migrate to Jira". Most of the topics I found discuss importing to Jira Server, though.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Gabriel Palomarez,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Can you export the info in FB to either csv or json format? Those are the formats that the importer supports, besides Trello. Your other option would be to use the REST API to import your data. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events