Find out who invited a user

Pierangelo Repetti October 3, 2019

Hello,

we are using JIRA Software Cloud. Besides the Site Admin, Trusted users are allowed to invite new users. Is there a way to find out who originally sent out the invitation for a certain user ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Pierangelo Repetti 

You may be able to find the information in the audit log. If you are the site admin go to Administration, Jira Configuration. The audit log is under Troubleshooting and Support. CRT-F will allow you to do a keyword search.

-Scott

Remigiusz Machura February 25, 2021

In "Author" column I see my name and sometimes I see JIRA name. What is difference?

Like neil_matillano likes this
neil_matillano June 21, 2021

I have the same issue, we had some new users added with an email that is not in our organization and we wanted to check who invited this user, but in the log it only shows Jira under author

Like lisa_jackson likes this
Stefan August 24, 2021

If you need to find out who invited the user, and it only shows JIRA under author, I suggest to check the Audit log of your Organization instead of the one in Jira Configruation:

1. Log in to admin.atlassian.com

2. From your organization, go to Security > Audit log

Like # people like this
1 vote
scott coleman December 3, 2021

It sounds like you need to purchase their "access" product to see the security log. That doesn't seem right.

Suggest an answer