Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Find out who invited a user

Hello,

we are using JIRA Software Cloud. Besides the Site Admin, Trusted users are allowed to invite new users. Is there a way to find out who originally sent out the invitation for a certain user ?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Pierangelo Repetti 

You may be able to find the information in the audit log. If you are the site admin go to Administration, Jira Configuration. The audit log is under Troubleshooting and Support. CRT-F will allow you to do a keyword search.

-Scott

In "Author" column I see my name and sometimes I see JIRA name. What is difference?

Like neil_matillano likes this

I have the same issue, we had some new users added with an email that is not in our organization and we wanted to check who invited this user, but in the log it only shows Jira under author

If you need to find out who invited the user, and it only shows JIRA under author, I suggest to check the Audit log of your Organization instead of the one in Jira Configruation:

1. Log in to admin.atlassian.com

2. From your organization, go to Security > Audit log

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

64 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you