Filtering issues in Jira cloud that were created using Outlook Jira Plug-in

arunsharma September 17, 2020

Hi there,

If for more insights and reporting purpose I want to filter the issues in Cloud Jira that were created using Outlook plug-in, is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hi @arunsharma 

I guess you are using Jira Cloud for Outlook add-in. If so, you can try this JQL query

issue.property["atlassian-outlook-integration"].hasAttachedEmails > 0

Note, it will only work if you've created issues with the "Include email" checkbox ticked

include-email.png

arunsharma September 18, 2020

Thanks for suggesting an option. What if include email option was not used?

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

@arunsharma unfortunately if the "Include email" option is not included, it won't show you this ticket in search.

Would it work for you if we would add a label to each ticket that was created or email was attached to issue from Jira Cloud for Outlook add-in? For example, "jira-cloud-for-outlook" label or add a text at the bottom of the description, something like "This issue was created from Jira Cloud for Outlook"?

Like arunsharma likes this
arunsharma September 21, 2020

Yes Vitalii, this will help for sure. Thanks.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. I've created these two tickets in our public issue tracker and also linked them to our internal backlog. Please vote and "watch" them for further updates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events