Filter values in a custom drop-down list field

Cristina Sandulescu February 12, 2021

Hello,

It is possible to filter the values in a custom drop-down list field based on another field?

For example, if I have a drop-down list containing multiple values for different organizations, for each ticket I want to display in the drop-down list only the values related to the organization on the issue.

Thanks!

4 answers

2 votes
Jordyn K_ Lee April 27, 2022

@Atlassian has there been any updates to this? I'm currently in desperate need of this option. Specifically, if I have one drop down to select a group, and the next field updates to reflect only subgroups of the selected option above. Suggestions? 

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Cristina Sandulescu,

The obvious answer could be to use a Cascading select list, where you filter the second list of options based on the first list. However, that would not work with your organization field of course.  

Sadly, available options that work for server / datacenter, are not so easy on cloud or even possible at all. Atlassian doesn't allow apps like Insight and Scriptrunner (with Behaviours)  to get the data of issue fields while you are still creating them, or so I understood. 
However, since Insight is now part of Atlassian, this could change for them in the (near) future. 

So, not an immediate solution for now, but I hope in the future there will be! 

- Tessa

Cristina Sandulescu February 12, 2021

Hi Tessa,

Appreciate your response but I cannot use a Cascading select list because I don't want to display the first part (the client should not choose his own name or view the other clients). 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Thanks for sharing that Jordyn. We actually use the External Fields add-on from Code forty-nine, but I have not done the search function before. I will have to give it a try!

Like Jordyn K_ Lee likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2021

Hi Cristina,

You could do that with the add-on ProForma forms. But I am not aware of any other way to accomplish your scenario in Jira Cloud. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

@Cristina Sandulescu  - Any update? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events