Filter Issues on board by Epic (Drop down menu)

Jared Collett May 15, 2021

Hi, I've been using Jira with an organization. On their board I can filter issue by Epic via a drop down menu.

Please see attached screen shot:
Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 10.19.11 AM.png

I created my own Jira account to manage my own projects. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to replicate this same functionality. On my board I see "Only my issues", and "Recently updated".

See second screenshot:
Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 10.22.45 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2021

Hi Jared - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This looks to be two different project types. The top one might be a Team-managed project or a Business project? And your project looks to be a Company-managed project? 

Is that correct? 

Jared Collett May 15, 2021

Yes sir, that was it! Man, I wish I would have asked you yesterday! Thanks John!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2021

Haha - glad you are back on track.  :-)

carlos.marin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2021

Is it possible to do a drop down menu in the board in a company managed Project?

Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2021

Hi Carlos - It is always better to create a new question instead of adding one to an existing posting because the only ones who will see it are the ones on the post. 

That being said - can you be more specific in what you are wanting to do? 

Sven Schatral November 29, 2021

Is there any way to get the filter option on a company-managed project as well?

Switching back to Team-managed later seems not possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events