Field value required in active sprint but not in the backlog. How do I do it?

MB June 10, 2020

Hello fellow Jira users, I need to make the assignee field and time estimate field a requirement for a value when issues and subtasks are moved from the backlog into the next sprint backlog. 

I know it will involve workflow and screens and fields but what I have tried so far is not what I want.  Can someone that is more an expert than myself help me solve this challenge?

Many thanks,

M-

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

If you have a backlog status (like in Kanban), then you just add this is a condition or validator (Value Field in Conditions would work for this) in the transition out of the backlog into whatever the first ToDo Step you have is.

That is found in the workflow for the project

I'm not sure how you would do that with a Scrum board, if you're moving items into a sprint.  That is likely done through a similar process, or with Jira automation checking for values in other fields.  

Can you explain a little more about how your project is set up?  It might help generate some ideas on how this can be done.

chrome_2021-03-04_12-46-00.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events