Field to be mandatory once issue transitions

Rajesh Bhoir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2022

Once the story transitions how to ensure that some fields are to be filled mandatory using JIRA automation. How to make certain fields mandatory in JIRA automation.

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Federico Schultz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2022

Hi Rajesh ! How are you?

To make some fields mandatory, you have to use Validators configured in the transition !.

So when you transition the ticket, the validator checks if the field is completed.
Also, you can add an screen to the transition with those fields. So, for the user is more easily to know what they need to complete as mandatory.

With Jira automation, you can not make that check.

Hope this works for you :) 

Have a nice day

Rajesh Bhoir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 12, 2022

Thank you, it worked

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Rajesh Bhoir and welcome to the community!

If you're on a company managed project, you'll want to use a workflow validator instead.

If this is a team-managed project, you can do so by editing the workflow, clicking the transition and clicking Rules.  There are a few rule options for managing the transition including:

Restrict to when a field is a specific value

Only allow an issue to be moved using a particular transition when a field is a specific value or range of values.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Rajesh Bhoir ,

Welcome to the community !!

You cannot make use of automation for making field as mandatory. 

To make field as mandatory, make use of Workflow validators between the transitions.
Example: To make Resolution field as mandatory when someone transitions a ticket to Resolved status, use Field required validator from existing status to Resolve status. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events