Feature-Request: Open links in new tabs

Frederic Leitenberger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 6, 2020

When clicking a link inside a Jira Ticket it is opened in the same window/tab instead of a new one.

It would be a lot better if it opened in a new tab (target="_blank").

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

Hi @Frederic Leitenberger 

There is a suggestion which is "In Progress" for this in the new issue view - see: JRACLOUD-9380 - worth voting on / following to track progress!

In the meantime, you can open the issue in a new tab by holding Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac OSX) and clicking the link.

Ste

yonatan silver
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2021

it seems that you won't do it. 

+1 for bad UX 

mastevens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 13, 2022

Another option if you have a mouse with a clickable scroll wheel, is to click the scroll wheel which opens a link in a new tab (at least in Windows anyway).

Agreed though that when someone clicks on a link it should be able to automatically open in a new tab or window. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events