Exporting all JIRA Releases (fix versions) from JIRA Cloud

kenneth.gomes February 10, 2023

I would like to export a list of all releases (fix versions) from our JIRA cloud instance into a CSV file. 

Currently, I can see that the following Rest API allows you to export the list but it is one project at a time <GET /rest/api/3/project/{projectIdOrKey}/versions

Is there another way around this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2023

Hey @kenneth.gomes, I don't believe there is an endpoint where you can export all the "fix versions." If you need a raw list without their details, you could create a filter and show all the "fix versions" on a gadget/dashboard. There is a similar post that might give you more insights into that. Have a look.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-query-a-list-of-FixVersions-in-Jira-Cloud-and/qaq-p/1217166

Cheers,
IL.

0 votes
Roland Traier-Kiss _Midori_ August 30, 2023

Hi @kenneth.gomes and everyone else who is interested in exporting Jira versions,

With Better Excel Exporter's highly customizable templates and Groovy scripts, even exporting project versions becomes a reality!
The template collects every project's every version and displays their details in the same column order as you would see them on the "Releases" tab. You can also easily edit the template to only show released versions.

jira-software-version-export.png

This hands-on tutorial blog is a good guide on how to export Jira project version reports to Excel using Better Excel Exporter.

IMPORTANT! This template only works with the Cloud version of Better Excel Exporter, but feel free to let us know in a support ticket if you'd want to use it with the Data Center version of the app.

Disclaimer: Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team that develops it.

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2023

You can also use the JQL search to get a list of that information. I believe that's the easiest way to do it even though via API

kenneth.gomes February 13, 2023

Thank you that helped a little, it was tedious and not clean but i was able to get the information I needed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events