Export issues in Word document - custom template or selected fields

Giovanni La Sala October 13, 2020

I'm using Jira Cloud, I've read a lot of post in the community but I can't find a a way to export only selected fields in a Word document like for the Excel or CSV export.

Any way to select the fields or to customise the Word template?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2020

Hello Giovanni,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When exporting to word, it's not possible to select the fields that will show on the file.

There were two feature requests suggesting improvements for that, but it was closed and there are no plans to implement it in the near future.

For now, the workaround for that is to use an add-on. Here are some options that may help you:

Regards,
Angélica

Giovanni La Sala October 16, 2020

Thank for you answer!

I'm disappointed that have to pay some add-on in order to customise a template.

Since you are using a sort of Word template, I suppose was easier to allow customer to upload or edit it.

Kind regards,

Giovanni

Like # people like this
Ananjan_miniOrange April 18, 2023

Hi @Giovanni La Sala 

I am Ananjan from miniOrange.

We have got a solution, PDF Exporter & Word Exporter for Jira Issues which can possibly cater to your requirements. The plugin provides an option to export just the fields you need also you can even create your own custom templates. 

Also, I would like you to know that this add-on is free up to 10 users! 

Just check it out once and feel free to let us know!

For more information, you can raise a ticket here or contact us directly at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com

Like Oday Rafeh likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events