Export including a list of boards

Sajid Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2021

Hi - I am exporting issues into an Excel file. It has all fields however not the board field an issue is a part of. 

I am trying to break down all of our projects, then boards and issues in a view but cant get the board details out.

How can I get around this?

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Sajid Khan ,

Issues don’t belong to boards and as such there are is no dedicated association of a board to a field. Issues can exist on multiple boards in fact. If you wanted to track what board an issue is or was, in the case of Done issues that have cleared a board, associated to then maybe use Labels. However this could be a maintenance nightmare over time.

Sajid Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2021

Ah I see, this helps.

Apologies - I'm a bit of a Jira newbie. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

No worries, glad to help!o

0 votes
Aron Gombas [Midori]
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

Jack explained why your request cannot be precisely solved, but:

1. Most projects have a single board, so if you have an issue then you can export its project via the "Project" field, which suggests what board the issue belongs to.
  2. If you're using Scrum, then you can export the "Sprint" field. Sprints belong to boards, so it could also be helpful.

Suggest an answer