Export Permissions

Noel Krull July 4, 2019

Hello,

is there any chance, to configure the exporting feature dependend to the user role?

I saw two things to configure this:

a) a workaround, but this deactivate the exporting button for everyone.

b) deactivting the exporting module in Jira, but the same probleme as in point a.

I hope Atlassian works on 'Permission scheme' e.g. for export data from Jira in the future.

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Noel Krull July 5, 2019

Hello Ismael,

thank you for your answer.

I got the request, that only administrators and projectmanagers can exporting issues like pdf so i mean option 1.

I check the jira options and i think there is no chance to allow only administrators and pm. Is there in option in jira cloud?

I saw in the marketplace an app but im unsure if that works correcly and i dont know the disclosure of data in this case.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219461/gears-issue-export-permission?hosting=server&tab=overview

BR, Noel

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

Hi @Noel Krull ,

Thanks for the clarification. You cannot restrict this in JIRA OOTB.

The add-on does look like it provides what you described but I do not think it is available for JIRA Cloud. Also, to my knowledge, this functionality is not available on JIRA Cloud.

If you are on server, do test it first because I see it does not conform to Atlassian Privacy policy. Alternatively, the option of a feature request is still available to you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2019

Hi Noel,

May I ask what export we are talking of, 

• Export of issues et al
  • Backups

If the former even a permission scheme cannot work because there are other sections of JIRA that allow you perform exports e.g. Issue search.

If the later, this is already restricted to JIRA admins.

I’ll suggest going to https://jira.atlassian.com and searching if an existing feature request exists and voting for it. Else, create a feature request for this functionality on the same URL.

Suggest an answer