Estimated time field

Sebastian Cortes April 10, 2019

I want to set up the estimated time of a task. But, if I establish the estimate time in the sprint board, I don't see this estimated value on the task detail.

Captura1.PNG

I tried set up in the screens configuration, in the issues configuration and I don't see this parameter to assign it.

Captura2.PNG

Also, I created a custom field, I assigned to the screen but it doesn't work also.

Captura3.PNG

So, I want to know how can I set up the estimated time of a taks with the objective of register a value on that field and have the analysis between the estimated, remain and logged time.

Captura4.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

Make sure you add the Time Tracking fields to your screens. Those fields are built-in from JIRA, no needs for custom field.

If you manually edit your issue, can you edit the Estimates?

Sebastian Cortes April 10, 2019

Yes I can, but I don't know how to set the Estimated Time, as you can see in the last image, there is as "Not specified".

David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

Would you happen to be at the summit right now? I could debug this with you if you have the time. 

It seems to me that it's a misconception or misconfiguration, the steps are pretty straightforward: 

- Add Time Tracking to the screens (make sure its the official time tracking, not a custom created one)

- Make sure you board as the Estimation configured properly (go in Configure Board)

That's it ... you should get your estimates.

Suggest an answer