• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Estimated time field

I want to set up the estimated time of a task. But, if I establish the estimate time in the sprint board, I don't see this estimated value on the task detail.

Captura1.PNG

I tried set up in the screens configuration, in the issues configuration and I don't see this parameter to assign it.

Captura2.PNG

Also, I created a custom field, I assigned to the screen but it doesn't work also.

Captura3.PNG

So, I want to know how can I set up the estimated time of a taks with the objective of register a value on that field and have the analysis between the estimated, remain and logged time.

Captura4.PNG

1 answer

Make sure you add the Time Tracking fields to your screens. Those fields are built-in from JIRA, no needs for custom field.

If you manually edit your issue, can you edit the Estimates?

Yes I can, but I don't know how to set the Estimated Time, as you can see in the last image, there is as "Not specified".

Would you happen to be at the summit right now? I could debug this with you if you have the time. 

It seems to me that it's a misconception or misconfiguration, the steps are pretty straightforward: 

- Add Time Tracking to the screens (make sure its the official time tracking, not a custom created one)

- Make sure you board as the Estimation configured properly (go in Configure Board)

That's it ... you should get your estimates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,488 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you