Escalate

Vielbert Victorio March 18, 2021

Hi, can anyone explain to me what escalate actually means, does it means that i can make a copy of an issues to any board i wanted? thankyou 

3 answers

0 votes
Pedram Mireftekhari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Escalate is a status that you need to define in your workflow. Once it is defined you can use post-function or automation to perform a change to the issue (e.g. assign it to a user etc.)

is it possible to move a certain issue to another board without having an access to that specific board? thankyou

Pedram Mireftekhari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

It is not board access, it is the project access you need to check and the filter behind the board

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Vielbert Victorio

it would be great if you can elaborate a bit more what escalate you mean? You've categorized this question into Jira Software - and I'm not aware of an escalation there.

How about adding a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Cheers,
Matthias.

i thought of a case where my dev team need to escalate some issues to another department board like ITSM board from Jira Software Development board, is that possible?

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Vielbert Victorio ,

When you are referring to "Escalate", can you please elaborate? Is "escalate" an option in your Jira (like a transition/ status)?

Can you share a screen shot where you see this Escalate option?

ah, i saw it first at JSM board, so i'm thinking of a case where the dev team is going to need to copy / move some issues to different department, is that possible in Jira Software Development board? thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events