Error exporting data to cvs

Monica Collins July 2, 2021

On June 16th, we upgraded to 8.13.7.  Yesterday, I've tried to execute a filter.  The filter has two fields and the search has a created date range.  From this search, I export to a CSV for current fields.  The first date range I exported, which has a range of six months, only the two fields, along with Issue ID, were in the spreadsheet.  I then changed the date range and searched again.  Only the two fields displayed on the web page.  Only the two fields showed as selected under Columns.  I export again.  This time, there were about ten different columns in the spreadsheet, columns that I did not check to select. 

Last night, I signed out of Google and then cleared my cache.  I rebooted the PC that evening.  Today, I tried exporting again and I had the same results: the first export had only two fields and the others have more.  I also tried exporting with Microsoft Edge and had the same results.

Filter page.pngSelect CSV.pngField display.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

Hi @Monica Collins ,

Thanks for posting in community.

1. I hope the filter view is saved with column selected and while you change anything in the filter and refresh the page the selection remains with those selected columns .

2. Did you try to open the same with Google Sheets/ Microsoft Excel instead of using the Export option? Do you find the same result? 

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers

Suvradip

Monica Collins July 6, 2021

1.  No, my fields are not saved with the issue filter.  How do I go about doing that?

2. I don't understand this.  I have t perform the export first to get the data.  How can I open excel/sheets while the data is still displaying on the web page?

Before the update, this filter would work, even though the two fields are not saved to the filter.  Has anyone else reported this error?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Monica Collins ,

Thanks for your response. 

1. While you select the custom columns in your filter, I meant you followed the steps here in defining a filter specific column order - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0813/saving-your-search-as-a-filter-1027135332.html.
  2. Sorry, I think the earlier option would not be applicable for Jira Server and only specific to Jira Cloud. You can follow this article Exporting your search results section - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0813/working-with-search-results-1027135393.html

I hope that helps. Please respond and accept the answer if it resolves your query else, respond and allow others to share input.

Cheers
Suvradip

Monica Collins July 7, 2021

I rebuilt my filter to save my two fields to the filter.

I am still getting the 2nd and subsequent exports built incorrectly, with too many columns.  I will open a ticket with support.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer