Error checking permissions on shared home when configuring datacenter clustering from windows to jir

Levi Park September 6, 2022

Hi, 

I have datacenter problems during installation.

1. Add Network Driver(My PC > Network Drive Connection)

2. Add cluster.properties in jira home directory

3. Jira restart

4. Display Shared Home Permission Error Screen

Not a no log on application log.

The jira service account (NetworkServcie) and Nasadmin and Jiraadmin were added and has permission to networkdrive

- Enviroment : Windows Server 2019

- Network Drive : SMB

- cluster.properties : (Y is Network Drive Mount)

jira.node.id=node1
   jira.shared.home=Y:\jira-sharedhome

I think gave all the permission, but could it be something other than permission?

Is there anything wrong with the procedure?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

No, this error message really is what it says it is.  The user running the Jira service on this node does not have the right permissions on the shared storage directories.

On a file share, remember that you have to give permissions to both servers - the one mounting the remote storage and the one providing the storage.

Levi Park September 6, 2022

Running with window service results in permission error, and running batch immediately started well.

It seems to be a problem with the rights of the service account.

However, the New Work Service account also allowed all rights to the shared home, but it is strange that it is not allowed. I need to look into it a little more.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer