Error accessing any Live Plans in Advanced Roadmaps

Robb Robins April 2, 2021

Hello I am using the Cloud version of Advanced Roadmaps and starting yesterday I lost all of my access to Live Plans (the old interface). 

It is showing this error:

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.35.47 AM.png

I can still access the Improved Interface, but can't accurately copy over any uncommitted plans/scenarios from the Live Plan interface.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Robb Robins,

The end of life of live plans has recently been announced as per this post. But the official end of life date is July 31st, so that is still around the corner.

It still works on a couple of instances I have access to, so it does not seem like a general problem.

If the problem persists, I would reach out to Atlassian Support, as the message suggests.  

Thank you for looking into this! Yes, I have been planning to migrate to the new interface, but unless I have access to my old plan I will have to start from scratch.

I'm wondering if there are things I could try to make it work for me? Sounds like you have a couple of instances where you still have access?

I did reach out to Atlassian Support yesterday, but have not received any answer. I have a meeting this morning I was needing to use this for, but will have to push it to next week.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Robb Robins,

I can confirm (as @Walter Buggenhout  says) that you should still be able to access your Live Plans until July 31st - at which point they will be automatically converted to the new interface. I'm glad you've raised an issue with support, but I'm disappointed to here that you've not heard anything back yet - especially as you're on a premium license. I'm really sorry for this inconvenience and I'll follow this up with the support team when I'm back at work next week.

I've also confirmed that I can still access Live Plans on my instance so this does seem to be a specific rather than a general problem. I'm struggling to think what other things might cause a problem like this ... I'd be interested to know if this error occurs on loading data (i.e. you actually see the Live Plans interface but the backlog of issues aren't loaded) or if you just see that error flag? I'm wondering if anything might have changed with permissions on either the plan or the associated issue sources, but that seems unlikely given the nature of the error message.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks, @Dave . Nothing has changed on my end. I just opened it up yesterday and just got a page with the normal Jira header, but then everything blank under it except for the error flag on the bottom left. 

I did eventually hear back from support (although I didn't realize until my IT guy at work let me know that my ticket was updated with Atlassian and they were waiting for my reply--never got an email from them about it!)

Ever since the new interface was announced to take over on July 31 my Live Plans instance has been super buggy. It seems like I'm being forced over to the new interface prematurely

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2021

Hi @Robb Robins,

I can promise you that we're not trying to move anyone off Live Plan prematurely. In fact, generally we very rarely touch the codebase at all these days which is why it's surprising that we hit issues like this - hopefully support will be able to resolve this issue if they haven't already,

Regards,

Dave 

Robb Robins April 5, 2021

Hi @Dave Unfortunately the solve is to force me into the new interface. Definitely not ideal since we are in the middle of a big initiative and it's not the best time to get the team all up to speed.

Here's the literal quote: "Unfortunately, the support that we are instructed to keep doing for Live plans is in order to migrate over to the Improved Interface."

Really frustrated with having to move off of Live Plan prematurely.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

Hi @Robb Robins,

That doesn't sound right to me... this guidance might make sense for minor bugs or feature requests but if you're not able to access a plan entirely then that is definitely something we should be addressing. Can you share the link to your support ticket and I'll look into this for you as this has clearly had an impact on you - you should still be able to access your Live Plans until the end of July.

Regards,

Dave 

Robb Robins April 5, 2021

Hi @Dave It would mean so much if you could look into this for me. Thank you for being willing! Here's the ticket number: PCS-34779

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

Thanks @Robb Robins - I'll dig into this.

Like Robb Robins likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
August 6, 2021

Hello all,

I am giving a quick update to this request from the notes on the internal request to provide some visibility into the solution that was found. 

Noting that the Live View was deprecated as of the time of this follow up comment and no longer applies to future use cases.

The issue was discovered to be a new bug that was tracked and fixed, viewable at the following link:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events