Epics not closed but linked stories are

Els Vercauteren March 10, 2021

I am looking for a query to find the Epics which are not set to done but all the linked stories are done.

(I don't need or want automatic resolution of epics)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Els Vercauteren January 13, 2022

issuetype = epic AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status = Done", "has epic") AND NOT issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status != Done", "has epic") AND resolution is EMPTY AND project = daca 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Are you using JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server/Data Center?

JIRA does not provide functionality for that query out of the box. You would need an app from the Marketplace that extends the query functionality.

Els Vercauteren March 10, 2021

is a visualization in Structure possible ? 
Might be by filtering out the done and create a leveled view there ? 

And sorry really no idea which type. Is this needed to know for right answer ? 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi, @Els Vercauteren.  Yes. This would be very easy to visualize in Structure. 

However, there are a number of ways you might accomplish this. It depends on the particulars of your use case — for example, the number of Epics you expect to find in this condition. How many projects and teams are involved (you might want to group things in Folders), etc.  

Our support team will gladly help you sort it out (no pun intended).  Once you arrive at the right/best solution perhaps you can share it with everyone here.  :) 

-dave [ALM Works]

P.S. I am fairly certain you are using Structure on Jira Server (but our support team can help you easily confirm that as well).

Suggest an answer