Epic + tasks template

Albert Palomer December 16, 2020

When we are developing our product there are times that a set of tasks need to be done again. For example, in my company, we build customizable robots. So for each purchase, we need to create a new epic with all the tasks of building the robot. Although the robots are customizable, there are a fixed set of tasks that need to be done regardless of the customization. Is there a way that we can define the epic and the different tasks that are always present for such and duplicate them each time so we do not need to manually create the epic and all the tasks for each robot? It would work as creating a bunch of tasks from a template.

Thank you very much

1 answer

0 votes
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

You might consider creating an epic and associated tasks to serve as your template and then cloning to templatize the issues. 

Albert Palomer December 17, 2020

Thank you for your answer. I have tried it but the task and subtasks are not cloned, only the epic is. Maybe I am not doing it right. To clone the epic I go to the epic, click the three dots on the top right, and select clone on that meu. On the cloning screen, I do not see any option, I can only select the name. See the attached screenshots

Screenshot from 2020-12-18 08-27-52.pngScreenshot from 2020-12-18 08-27-58.pngScreenshot from 2020-12-18 08-28-05.png

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

If you'd like to go this route, there is a plugin available to make this much easier: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218652/deep-clone-for-jira

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Albert Palomer ,

I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

As @elizabeth_jones mentioned, it's indeed possible to clone Epics along with tasks and sub-tasks with our cloud app.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support, if you have questions or feedback.

Albert Palomer December 21, 2020

Thank you very much. It does look like a great product. However, for the volume of epics that we have, it is not worth it yet (it is too expensive). We will have it in mind just in case our volume of epic templates increases.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2020

Then I hope the volume of your epic templates increases - due to a positive development in your company of course. That would be a win-win situation for both of us :) 

You can test Deep Clone for free for at least 30 days. I hope that helps to evaluate in future if our app saves enough time and money.

Happy Holidays!

Like Albert Palomer likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events