Emails fail to send from one project - JIRA server 7.7.0

Tim Saunders July 9, 2018

Email notifications are being sent out successfully except for one single project. It looks like all emails originating from the project wind up in the Error Queue. The project is using a shared Notification scheme and no other project is encountering this issue. 

4 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

Oh, I see. Thanks for sharing!

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

More info needs to be collected from the logs in order to get a clue.

Have a look at the last section of this KB article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/notifications-troubleshooting-203394737.html

Tim Saunders August 13, 2018

It's been a while but I thought I'd close this out following our resolution. It turned out that a number of accounts had been created for external users who would not access the system but who the project owner wanted to assign tasks. These users were sent emails that corresponded to the activities listed in the notification scheme but since the accounts were created with fake email accounts (not sure why) the emails could not be delivered and clogged the Error Queue. updating the email address for these users resolved the issue (they now go to an un-monitored internal address).

0 votes
Tim Saunders July 9, 2018

Both the Permissions Scheme and Notification Scheme used by this project are shared by multiple projects, none of which are experiencing failed emails.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

Permissions Scheme ? Notification Schemes ?

Suggest an answer