Edit and Save from what transition the user is

ginxx009 September 14, 2021

image.png

Just wanted to ask if this kind of workflow will work.

So what I am trying to do is that every ticket has a correction status where in they can edit their tickets data like description something like that . So I have already done that and one problem that came out to my mind is that if I do this kind of workflow the customer can see all three transition ( Transition 1, Transition 2, Transition 3 ) so I don't want that to happen . 

For example I am on transition 2 then the i decided to have a correction because i misspelled something on my ticket so from Transition 2 -> Correction Ticket  . Now here's what I am trying to do . I need to know that after editing it will automatically go to Transition 2 because he is from that transition . I don't want it to confuse the customer where is he on transition .

Can someone enlighten me about this problem. Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Hi @ginxx009

I am little confused - why would you need a separate status to make corrections? What not just make the corrections in the status that the issue is in? 

You can always control transitions to other statuses by putting conditions on the transition. One thought is to create a custom radio button field with just yes or no. Then set the value of the field based on where it is in the process. Then have the condition check the value of the field which will determine if the user can even see the transition or not. 

Suggest an answer