Edit Epic Child Issues view

Astrid Skillingstad January 30, 2023

How can I add other fields to my epic child issue view besides jira#, description, prio, assignee & status. I would like to add a custom field that I can sort my child issues by inside the epic.

jirachild.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2023

Hi @Astrid Skillingstad

welcome to the community!

Just to add to John's answer: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you should be able to find apps there that can help with this. One app that comes to my mind is Issue Matrix for Jira, which extends the issue view. I myself work on an named JXL for Jira, which allows viewing sets of issues in an Excel/Google Sheets-style table view, along with their issue hierarchy - of course, you have full control over which fields should be displayed, and what sorting should be used.

This is how it looks in action:

epic-hierarchy.gif

You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you.

Best,

Hannes

Astrid Skillingstad February 5, 2023

Thanks Hannes. That helped a lot. JXL was just what I needed.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2023

That's great to hear @Astrid Skillingstad - any feedback, questions, ideas, just let us know!

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

Hi Astrid - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In Jira Cloud you are not able to edit that. You could create a Filter to show that information though. 

Astrid Skillingstad February 5, 2023

Thanks for the answer

Like John Funk likes this
AJ McBride January 16, 2024

CSO Board - Timeline - Jira 2024-01-16 17-38-52.png

Hey @John Funk on my child tickets i have story points, while these are not valid for my project, i believe someone else in my org has adjusted this to show them; are we sure there isn't a way to remove this or use a different field such as estimated time?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events