Dynamic fields in ticket creation

Aaron Monilal January 6, 2021

Hi all!

When a user is creating a ticket through agent view, if they select certain values on a field, how can I make that dynamically change another fields value?

Example: if I set urgency to high, then it would set add some text to the summary.

I know things like this can be done easily using a automation rule, but I want something like this to happen live while making the ticket - to improve efficiency and promt user to give required information.

I hope my explanation makes sense?

Many thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi Aaron,

I can confir that as Kian has said that the ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation or to dynamically populate field values on issue like the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provide a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

However, I can confirm that we are currently investigating ways we could create the behaviours functionality inside of ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud  and if this is something that would be of value to your organisation then I would ask you to vote on this feature in our public backlog here so that our developers and product owner can see this.

Also, if you have any features you would like to suggest that you think would be useful inside of ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud then I would ask you to add these into our backlog here so that developers and product owner can see these suggestions.

I hope this informaton helps.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

@Aaron Monilal,

This cannot be done in Jira Cloud. The only way to do that is in Server using the Scriptrunner plugin.

Thanks,

Kian

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2023

You can also do that without a line of code with Dynamic Forms for Jira. You will also gain a few additional features like abilities to set value based on condition, and conditional show/hide fields, making them required or read-only.

Suggest an answer