Duplicate "Story Points" field

francis.carriere April 26, 2021

Hello,

Last week, a duplicate "Story Points" field started appearing in our JIRA instance. I'm unable to find more than 1 "Story Points" field in the field configuration section (the cf[10004]). I am not able to find the second iteration of it.

How can I go about finding this second duplicate field and getting rid of it?

image (1).png

Screenshot 2021-04-26 150145.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi Francis,

It is possible that another field was created under a Team-managed project? Because those projects do not use the Custom Fields in the last image you pasted in. 

francis.carriere April 27, 2021

You're exactly right, managed to find the field in a team managed project! Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Great! Glad you were able to track it down. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Agreeing with @John Funk .

In addition, just fyi, you can determine the ID number assigned to the Custom Fields that you find in the Settings > Issues > Custom Fields screen by clicking the ... button and selecting one of the options like Edit Details.

The new screen that displays shows the ID number as the last part of the URL.

https://<yourURL>/secure/admin/EditCustomField!default.jspa?id=10026

That is the same number that displays in a JQL field where you see "cf[#####]"

Suggest an answer