Due Date is not visible to email ?

Chronis Kalfas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 21, 2021

Hi All 

I have created an automation rule to send email with a list of issues and the valus of due date is not returned. All other values are returned properly.

<ul>
{{#lookupIssues}}
<li>{{key}} - {{summary}} - {{duedate}} - {{description}} - {{assignee.displayname}}</li>
{{/}}
</ul>

Can you please help what I am doing wrong as per above ? The filed name ?

Thank you

2 answers

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Chronis Kalfas -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately due date is not one of the fields supported by the Lookup Issues action:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/#Smartvaluesgeneral---lookupIssues--

And it may not be added due to the possible performance challenges; there is a suggestion to add more fields to that action: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75018

There are two possible work-arounds for this if you really need the due date in that email:

• easy and a "hack": modify your summary fields to always contain the due date using another automation rule
  • much more difficult, and not a "hack": call the REST API from the automation rule with your JQL (from the Lookup Issues action) and use text and list functions to parse out the data into a created variable.  Then put that variable into the email message.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Have you tried {{issue.duedate}}?

Rolf Okken October 21, 2021

i agree 

• {{issue.duedate}} - Returns the issue's due date.

Chronis Kalfas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2021

@Bill Sheboy Yes. The feedback I got is that this is not returned, for performance reasons. So its not because of the syntax. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events