I'd like to be able to create a filtered list and change ticket data without going into the detailed ticket view. Just like you can change the "Status" using a dropdown list. I want to customize the columns and be able to change any using a similar dropdown.
Is that possible using native Jira tools or do I need some other app from the marketplace?
You may want to have a look at JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged table view for your issues and does pretty much exactly what you're looking for: You configure an issue list exactly for your needs (by choosing and arranging the fields/columns that you want to display), and can then change any field - of course, including the status - directly from your issue list, either individually or in bulk (via copy/paste).
This is how it looks in action:
You can find more information on https://jxl.app.
(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
As an alternative, you can also try out our app,
The status, issue name priority and many more columns are editable on the search results table.
The app also shows your issues hierarchy along with lots of other reports to manage your projects as below.
The app provides the following features.
1) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.
2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask
3) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.
4) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features
5) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days
App Video here
Welcome to the Community!
At present, you will need an app to do this.
The reason status can be changed there is that status is not a field, it is an indicator of where an issue is in the workflow. You're not actually editing the status with that drop-down, you are triggering a transition from the current status to the selected one. All the other columns are fields, which you can't (yet) edit in the issue navigator.
Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events