Dropdown ticket data changes from a issue list view

Deleted user December 24, 2021

I'd like to be able to create a filtered list and change ticket data without going into the detailed ticket view. Just like you can change the "Status" using a dropdown list. I want to customize the columns and be able to change any using a similar dropdown.

Is that possible using native Jira tools or do I need some other app from the marketplace?

Screenshot 2021-12-24 160201.png

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 25, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

You may want to have a look at JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged table view for your issues and does pretty much exactly what you're looking for: You configure an issue list exactly for your needs (by choosing and arranging the fields/columns that you want to display), and can then change any field - of course, including the status - directly from your issue list, either individually or in bulk (via copy/paste).

This is how it looks in action:

status-change.gif

You can find more information on https://jxl.app.

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Best,

Hannes

Deleted user December 25, 2021

Thanks Hannes. Looks like exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a try.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

Hi Amir,

You should try a Jira Work Management project - that functionality is built in to the product. 

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 25, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

As an alternative, you can also try out our app,

The status, issue name priority and many more columns are editable on the search results table.

The app also shows your issues hierarchy along with lots of other reports to manage your projects as below.

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

1) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.

2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask

3) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.

4) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features

5) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days

App Video here

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

At present, you will need an app to do this.

The reason status can be changed there is that status is not a field, it is an indicator of where an issue is in the workflow.  You're not actually editing the status with that drop-down, you are triggering a transition from the current status to the selected one.  All the other columns are fields, which you can't (yet) edit in the issue navigator.

Deleted user December 24, 2021

Thanks Nic.

Would you know which app might let me do something like that?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events