Does Committed in Velocity Chart consider task being Assigned or Unassigned?

aabhushan.mainali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2021

Does Committed in Velocity Chart consider task being Assigned or Unassigned or is being on the Sprint enough to consider the task as Committed?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

It is just that the team has selected the task to do during the sprint.  It doesn't need to be assigned to anyone

A few Scrum teams I've worked with have had two broad approaches to assigning issues:

• Don't bother - if it's "in progress" and you didn't put it there yourself, it's not your problem until someone else in the team asks you for help/advice/questions
  • Automate - the person who moves it to in-progress is picking it up, so set the assignee to them

But despite my offering options around assignee, no, it really is just "we committed to it"

0 votes
aabhushan.mainali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2021

Thank you Nic and Trudy!

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hello @aabhushan.mainali 

Welcome to the community.

Committed in the Velocity Chart is the total story points for issues in the sprint at the time the sprint was started. It doesn't matter if the issue is assigned or not.

Refer to: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-velocity-chart/

Suggest an answer