Do we have api to create automation rules.

mayank goyal October 21, 2021

Hi,

Can we create the jira automation rules itself from rest API, I am able to create it via Web UI, but for better management I want create the automation rules using JIRA API. 

Do we have api to create automation rules, can we create automation rules remotly?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

I am afraid not.  The REST API does not (yet) expose any of the automation rule administration functions.

So, no, you cannot add/edit automation rules over the REST API.  One day, maybe, I know there are improvement requests open for it.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @mayank goyal 

Yes, and...to what Nic notes, here are the suggestions to add that capability.  You may watch/vote for them to see progress:

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Bhanu Prakash Ketha May 9, 2022

Thank you @Bill Sheboy for the atlassian tickets for the respective suggestions.

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul

Unfortunately, this is not what i am asking for, IIUC this article is about trigger/calling a rest api from the jira automation rule.

BUT

I want to know how to create the jira automation rules itself from rest API, I am able to create it via Web UI, but for better management I want create the automation rules using JIRA API. 

Like André-Xavier BERGER likes this

Updated description for better understanding :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events