Do not want subtasks to display

Amanda Zacharski January 20, 2014

I would like to be able to use subtasks while on plan mode but when in board mode I only want to see the parent story and do not want any of the subtasks to display on the board. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Aizenstat January 20, 2014

Best way to do this at this point in time is to add a Quick Filter called "Exclude Sub-tasks" that filters for "issuetype != Sub-task."

This way Sub-tasks would appear in plan mode but they will not appear on the Board when this filter is selected.

Aron Aizenstat January 20, 2014

You should be able to move the Parent ticket into any columns that are allowed by your Workflow. Is your issue that you'd also like the Sub-tasks to move with it?

Almost what I needed! This does not allow the sub-task to be displayed on the board but the parent (story card) is still at the top of the board and you cant move just the parent (story card) through the working columns.

This is how my board looks. I would like 60, 61, and 68 to be in the list like the others

Aron Aizenstat January 21, 2014

How have you configured your swimlanes?

Aron Aizenstat January 21, 2014

Any time! Enjoy :)

Amanda Zacharski January 21, 2014

On that note, I just changed it from stories to query issue type = story.

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I wanted!

2 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014

Hi Amanda

There is this add-on that might help: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.catworkx.jira.plugins.outlook2jira

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

I do not use outlook but thanks for the insight

Suggest an answer