Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Disabling grouping by version in Jira Cloud project board

Hi,

When using versions for issues, my active sprint groups all active issues by the version and issues that don't have a version go under 'everything else'.

Is it possible to disable by grouping of issues by version in an active sprint?

Would prefer just to see all active issues under "everything else".

Thanks

Luis

1 answer

1 vote

Hello @Luis Zuniga 

Are you working with a board for a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

Are you an administrator for the Board?

For a Company Managed project, an administrator of the Board can change the grouping (Swimlanes) for the issues by clicking on the ... button in the upper right corner, selecting Board Settings, then Swimlanes. Changing this will affect the board view for all users of that board.

For Team Managed project boards there is a Group By selection shown in the upper right area of the board.

Versions is not a built-in Swimlanes option in my Jira Cloud instance, though. I would like to see the settings for your board to see how you got it set up that way.

Yes, Company managed classic project (not next gen)
Yes, I am the admin of JIRA and the board for this project.

I see the option in the board settings/swimlane to remove select 'none' as swimlanes.

I will try that

The current setup is this: https://www.screencast.com/t/ph1s8ohGpD

Thank you!

Ah, I see. As I suspected Queries was used for setting a swimlane to display issues for a version. Yes, setting it to None will remove all the swimlanes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events