I have a (very old) JIRA productive system which is on 7.5.2.
Then I have a new created JIRA test system which is on 7.10.2.
When I take a look to the custom fields of both systems epic custom field on the 7.5.2 are named "Epic Name", "Epic Status" etc. and they are locked.
On the 7.10.2. these fields are named "Epic-Name", "Epic-Status", etc. (so with a "-" in the middle) and they are also locked.
That causes some troubles when trying to use addons like the Botronsoft Configuration Manager.
Does anybody know if atlassian changed the names of the epic custom fields or why the names differ between that different JIRA versions?
Thanks for replies,
So @Christos Moysiadis ´s hint regarding the German language was the breakthrough. Installing JIRA with system language German will cause that the epic custom fields are hyphened ("Epic-Name"). That´s what happened to my testsystem and is has nothing to do with different JIRA versions (like @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ already suspected).
I installed JIRA on a VM last night several times with different versions and different system languages and everytime I uses German as system language I got hyphened epic custom fields.
So thanks a lot for your help guys.
Nice! That was the next thing I was going to try when I had time to do so.
Whilst I understand that the hyphenation by default is good for German speakers sometimes, it's extremely bad that it breaks things this way, and very annoying that it works differently when swapping to your own language when it's not the default. That's a howling bug, in my opinion!
No, they did not change the names of any fields.
I suspect one of your admins has looked up "how do I unlock locked fields in Jira", used it and renamed them. There's a reason they are locked - to prevent poorly understood changes like this one having such an impact.
@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ i had the same issue during an integration. I noticed the same changes. The Jira Software version was 7.3.2 and the other 7.13. Strange is that in both Jira's, administatrator is/was the same! So i dont i think he changed the one and left the other in order.
Are you 100% sure that Atlassian didn't changed anything ??? I doubt a lil bit , always with no offence here :) .
Interesting - I work primarily with Jira in English (to my shame, it's the only language I have any useful level of ability in).
I've swapped a couple of them to use German in my profile and the name of the fields remain without hyphens, so if it is related to this, then maybe it's only when German is the default.
If it's not the default, then I don't know where it is coming from, without an admin renaming them.
@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ i think it's not about swapping!
If this is happening for real then it has to do from the installation part.
At the end... @Florian Engertsberger should create a test env with the same version as the old , rename them and then upgrade to the new one.
I did it like this and it worked without any issues at all! Its time taking because of restarts and etc.
BUT!!!! PLEASE make tests first :D
Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events