Destination Site not Selectable in Jira Cloud Migration Path

Jordan Trinklein April 20, 2023

We acquired a company and are trying to migrate their separate Jira cloud instance to our Jira cloud instance. 

I have validated permissions. I am an Org & Site Admin in both instances. When I try to perform the migration, the destination site dropdown isn't selectable.

I found this thread and am not following what it was that made it work for this individual. I went into the source site and created a new user with a different email domain, granted them Org admin rights, and the same thing is still happening.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Destination-Instance-is-not-visible-while-migrating-under-Select/qaq-p/2239062

Would someone be able to offer guidance on what else I need in place? I've already nested the source site Jira instance under our destination Jira, so I can toggle between the two, I just can't migrate it for some reason.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hello @Jordan Trinklein 

Can you clarify your scenario?

It sounds like you had two separate companies, each with an Atlassian Organization, each with a Site in their Organization, and each site having the Jira product installed.

Are you simply trying to move a Site from one Organization to another?

Are you trying to merge two Jira Cloud product sites into a single Jira product on a single site?

I think you are trying to merge the users and projects from one Jira site/product into another Jira site/product.

You said you already "nested the source site Jira instance under our destination Jira". What do you mean by that? Can you provide a screen image to illustrate?

Are you logged into the acquired company's site and trying to run the migration? What do you mean by the field is not selectable? Do you mean there are no values to select? Do you mean you can't type in a value?

---

In the other post you found the user had Organization Admin permissions in both organizations, but the permissions were granted to different Atlassian Accounts for the user in each organization.

So in Org1 the user logged in as user@org1.com and had Organization Admin permissions.

In Org2 the user logged in as user@org2.com and had Organization Admin permissions.

The user needed to one of their accounts set up with Organization Admin permissions in both organizations/sites.

Jordan Trinklein April 24, 2023

@Trudy Claspill - Hi Trudy! Thanks for your response. I can definitely provide more information! 

I am trying to use the migrate cloud site feature to move all projects/users over to our master Jira site. 

When I made this post, I wasn't able to select a destination site, it was grayed out. I just went back in and it's there now, so something changed that made it work. 

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 11.08.09 AM.png

Suggest an answer